What are the benefits of combining wedding photography and videography with one team?
The core team of byLumiere – Kate, Brent, Elizabeth and Mark – are all what is known as hybrid shooters. We can shoot, and enjoy, both photography and filming. Each discipline offers a different and special way to time travel and relive memories. For those that are still unsure about having a wedding film you might find this article interesting.
Your wedding day is a whirlwind of emotions, vows, and unforgettable moments. Many couples want every detail captured, preserved in both timeless stills and moving memories. That’s where unifying your creative vision with one seamless team comes in.
Imagine two painters working on the same canvas, but each with their own unique palette of colours and techniques. The final result can be either a clashing mess or a stunning masterpiece, depending on their ability to blend their styles and work towards a common goal.
Here are some of the benefits of having a single team capture your wedding day:
- The power of “one” cohesive vision: Shared Sony kit, lighting techniques, and directing styles translate into consistent aesthetics. Your memories won’t feel like disjointed chapters – instead your photos and films will seamlessly complement each other, telling a unified story with consistent visual language. Have a look at the weddings below where we captured both – you can clearly see the finished work is from a single creative team.
Anna & Arnie- Ashridge House
Anjali & Mehul – Ashridge House
Rosanna & Alex – Cliveden
- Less Logistics: One contract, one invoice, one team to communicate with. This will result in simplified scheduling, and less paperwork. We will then fully co-ordinate and work together to ensure everything is covered and we all have the best angles.
- Twice the Impact, Half the Effort: A single team reduces the need for repetitive posing. We capture both beautiful stills and cinematic footage simultaneously, saving you precious time on such an important day.
- The Technical Challenge: Many venues are historic and weddings can be styled with low ambient lighting including candle light. As a result photographers can turn to flash photography to help supplement the available light. This can become an issue when the event is also being filmed because the abrupt bursts of flash can disrupt the videos exposure and potentially affect the colour balance. As a result we only use continuous lighting systems when filming. This works well for photography but requires understanding, compromise and effective and co-ordinated teamwork from everyone.
- Co-ordinated Camera Angles: As a team we are very aware of ensuring everyone gets the best vantage points and angles without obstructing each other or blocking shots unintentionally. We have worked together for so long that we all know where each other will be at any given moment.
Ultimately, choosing a single team for your wedding photography and videography is about investing in a holistic experience and a unified artistic vision for your unforgettable day. Hopefully you can understand that our preference would be to work as a single team however we totally understand you may prefer to work with different teams. We’ll happily chat to them beforehand, discuss your priorities, and adjust our approach to work as well as we all possibly can for your benefit.